Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Cone[_2_] Jim Cone[_2_] is offline

Default How to use Implicit Intersection in a VBA Function

James,
You are welcome.
'--
Using range shortcut notation brackets may be the only instance
where you can use range names without enclosing them in quote marks.
Also, using that method may be slower than other types of range references.
If you have a sheet with 10,000 of those functions you might be unhappy.
In addition, please note Charles Williams' post about function calculation.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"James Buist"
wrote in message
Jim
Thats Brilliant.
I had no idea you could refernce names in VB by just using them. I have been
explicitly defining the names i need in VB by declaring a range variable and
setting its value with a Range Name from the workbook.
Many thanks for that!!
James

"Jim Cone" wrote:
Charles,
Noted and thanks.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Charles Williams"
wrote in message
Jim,
I like your use of evaluate, but I think you would have to make the function
volatile otherwise it will sometimes not recalculate properly, because it is
using cells via the names which are not being passed as parameters.
regards
Charles
The Excel Calculation Site
http://www.decisionmodels.com