Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bud Bud is offline

Default Matching formula - Can we have a variable field for the row number

Hello

I have the following matching formula that works fine and than another
statement that does a fill down using br to know when to stop the fill down.

Is there someway to modify the matching formula or to use a Lookup formula
that I can tell it what row to stop at.

I count the number of rows in a previous worksheet to know how many rows
there are but I don't know how to substitute that variable in place of that
8000 count I have.

Each week we run this report we could have differing number of rows. I just
represent it with a higher number because I don't know what else to do.

Cells(2, "k") =
"=IF($b$2:$b$8000="""","""",(INDEX(Personnel!$B$1: $B$1000,MATCH($b$2:$b$8000,Personnel!$A$1:$A$1000, 0))))"

Cells(2, "k").AutoFill Destination:=Range(Cells(2, "k"), Cells(br, "k"))