Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Rech[_2_] Jim Rech[_2_] is offline

Default Assign different keyboard shortcuts

Sub AssignF3ToFindNext()
Application.OnKey "{F3}", "MyFindNext"
End Sub

Sub MyFindNext()
Cells.FindNext(Selection).Select

Jim
"wal" wrote in message
Excel 2003

I've just discovered Application.OnKey. I've put several assignments
in a Workbook_Open Event in ThisWorkbook in PERSONAL.XLS. This serves
a useful purpose, but only to a limited extent.

As far as I can tell, OnKey works to do the three following things:
- Disables an existing keyboard shortcut (by using "")
- Restores the default shortcut
- Adds a keyboard shortcut for a **MACRO**.

What I can't get OnKey to do is to assign a keyboard shortcut to a
built-in Excel dialog or other feature. For example, I'd like to
assign F3 to Find Next, currently assigned to Shift-F4. (I inevitably
hit Ctrl-F4 and close the workbook accidentally.) Does OnKey work for
this? If so, how? Or is there another method?

Thanks.