Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] andy.kai.chan@gmail.com is offline

Default Changing macro security causes VBA code to fail

Hoping someone has an answer to this one. Using 2003, I've created
some VBA macros which work fine when the security level is set to
"enable all macros". However, when the security is changed to "disable
with notification" in 2007, it sometimes fail.

The scary part is that it is inconsistent. If I set a break point, and
step through it, it works fun. When I take out the break point, it
will crash.

The last set of errors comes from Excel not understanding the
currentregion property of the active cell. Once this code has been
changed, all of a sudden, the pivot table code fails.

What's really frustrating is that even if I make a minor tweak, and
successfully run through the VBA code, I can close it, shut down
Excel, then re-open the file in Excel, and it will fail again!!

But, this only seems to happen when the security setting is "disable
with notification".