Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bob Bob is offline

Default countif

works great! Thank you.

anyway I could put the word "Total" in the cell left of the formula (formula
is in column E and the word "Total would be in colmn D)?

"Rick Rothstein" wrote:

Not sure about how where you say "Zanesville" will be found works out with
your .Cells(i-1,"A").Value reference, but assuming your attempted formula is
using the correct referenced parts, see if this works for you...

..Cells(i, "E").Formula = "=COUNTIF(A1:A" & LastRow & ",""" & _
.Cells(i - 1, "A").Value & """)"

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Bob" wrote in message
I would like to incorporate the formula COUNTIF(A1:A472,"Zanesville") in my
macro

Zanesville would be filled in from the last row of data in the row the
formula appears

I thought something like (which doesn't work):