Nick Hodge

Mmmmmmm

If anyone has a file, send it and I'll try, but I will be staggered as to
why they suddenly included it again. It hasn't worked since XL97 or 2000,
can't remember now.

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"LeAnne" wrote in message
Nick Hodge wrote:

LeAnne

For some reason known only to MS, they abandoned the converter for *.wks
(also used by Lotus as an extension) after V2 of Works, so any version
after that has to be saved as such in Works... seems mad to me too!

Hi Nick,

<sarcasm Good ol' M$...</sarcasm

Seriously, according to the KB article posted above:

"Microsoft Excel can open and view a Works Spreadsheet document in its
native (.xlr) format. A Works Spreadsheet document can be viewed with any
program that can open or view a Microsoft Excel worksheet. Additionally,
Spreadsheet can also open Backup files (.bks) and Text files (.txt)."

L.