Gary''s Student

The easiest way is to create a "helper" column concatinating columns A and B.
The items in the new column would look like:

DX
DY
FY

This way you can use a simple MATCH and INDEX or VLOOKUP as you please.

This technique is not limited to two columns by the way.

Good Luck
--
Gary''s Student

"carlyman" wrote:

I need a way to find a value (could be text) in column C based on the
values in column A and column B. Entries in A and entires in B are not
unique by themselves; however, by "keying" off columns A and B together,
only one entry in column C results.

Example:
A-----B-----C
D-----X-----Test1
D-----Y-----Test2
F-----Y-----Test3

I've tried various index and match combinations, but haven't figured it
out yet. Any ideas?

Thanks,
JC

--