Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Excel date displayed wrongly

Just because the values are dates doesn't mean that they are the correct dates.

Try formatting one of the dates in your workbook in an unambigous format (mmmm
dd, yyyy). Then take a look at the original source and see if that date is the
same. I'm betting that the dates don't match.

But I don't know how you're importing the dates, so I don't have a suggestion on
how to fix the problem.

mahesh wrote:

when I load data to spreadsheet through add-in to the spreadsheet having
dates in the european format - dd/mm/yyyy and number format as *dd/mm/yyyy it
is displyed wrongly (i.e. my source date is 08/10/2008 as general/text and
the data displyed in Excel sheet cell having date format as mentioned above
is 10/08/2008)

This works fine when date(09) is greater than month (08) (i.e. 09/08/2008)
or format is yyyy-mm-dd in regional setting

I don't find any problem in addin;

--

Dave Peterson