Pat

I just realised the suggestions you gentlemen provided are indeed correct,
apologises for mixing up a new question with the answer you both gave.
I will put the new question forward separately

Pat

"Pat" wrote in message
Hi gentlemen,

I am afraid none of your suggestions worked.
Let me give another example;

colA

Acalypha
Acanthocalycium
Acantholimon
Acanthopanax
Acanthus
Acca
Acer
Acer
Acer
Acer
Acer
Aceras
Aceriphyllum
Achillea
Achillea
Achimenes

result after filtering;

Acalypha
Acanthocalycium
Acantholimon
Acanthopanax
Acanthus
Acca
Acer
Aceras
Aceriphyllum
Achillea
Achimenes

regards
Pat

"Ken Johnson" wrote in message
oups.com...
Pat,
Say the column you want filtered that way is column A and assuming
there are no leading spaces, you could put =FIND(" ",A1) into the top
of any other free column then fill down as far as column A. You could
then filter this column, choosing #VALUE! because that is the FIND
function's result when, in this case, a space is not found, indicating
one word.
Does that help?
Ken Johnson