Nick Hodge

LeAnne

For some reason known only to MS, they abandoned the converter for *.wks
(also used by Lotus as an extension) after V2 of Works, so any version after
that has to be saved as such in Works... seems mad to me too!

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"LeAnne" wrote in message
Frank Kabel wrote:

Hi
then either find a friend who still has Works installed (and let him
convert your files) or go for one of the commercial converters

PMFJI -

Is that the poster's only option? I am able to open existing Works
spreadsheet files from XL(97 or 03)...select File Open and then hit the
dropdown list for "Files of Type;" file formats with the extension .wks
are listed. Likewise, Word appears to be able to open word processing
files of filetype .wps.

hth,

LeAnne