Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Lainie Lainie is offline

Default Locking cells using VBA based on other cell values

Hi,

I need something very similar. I need to interagate cells D8 through D69
and if there is an X in one of those cells then I need to unlock the cell in
column E so if D8 has an X then I need to unlock E8, if D9 has an X then I
need to unlock E9 etc. I am not sure how to find the response you noted
below. I am working very trial and error at adding bits of VBA code to my
spreadsheets to make them more user friendly. Thank you for your help.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

You have a response in VBAExpress.!

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Evil Red Smurf" <Evil Red wrote in message
I'm trying to lock cells in a column on an excel spreadsheet depending on
the (date) value in another cell on the same row. For example, I'm
thinking
of it like this:
If range("C9").value today()
Then range("G9").lock = false
Else range("G9").lock = true
End if

However I want to do it for all rows between 9 and 400 whenever the sheet
is
accessed. Can anyone help?

Many thanks,