Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Trevor Williams Trevor Williams is offline

Default How Write for RGB palette?

Hi Walter

presuming you know the RGB colours you want to use change you icolor numbers
to RGB

....Case Is = "RED": icolor = RGB(200, 200, 200)

and then change the ColorIndex to just Color

....Target.Interior.Color = icolor

HTH

Trevor Williams

"Walter" wrote:

I have the following procedure for changing background colors of cells based
upon whatever percentage a user types in, however, the standard colors to
pick are too dark and I would like some lighter colors from the RGB palette.
Here is my code:

Dim icolor As Integer

Multiple Select Case Statements.... followed by....

ElseIf Not (Intersect(Target, Me.Range("SPM12mo")) Is Nothing) Then
Select Case UCase(Target.Value) 'Converts entry in cell to Uppercase
Case Is = "RED": icolor = 3
Case Is = "YLO": icolor = 6
Case Is = "BRZ": icolor = 53
Case Is = "SVR": icolor = 16
Case Is = "GLD": icolor = 44
Case Else: icolor = xlNone
End Select
Target.Interior.ColorIndex = icolor

Is there a way to rewrite this to draw from the RGB palette so I can get the
shade of color that I want to use. Mainly I need to use it for readability.
Thank you.