Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLGWhiz JLGWhiz is offline

Default automated cursor movement in Excel

To see the macro operate, substitute this line:

'enter the code for barcode

With these two lines:

Cells(i, j) = x + 1
x = x + 1

"KelvinP" wrote:

Hello, I want to enter data from a bar code scanner into a spreadsheet. I
want to start entering data in cell B2, the next entry into C2, then D2.
Following the third entry I want to move down to the next row and enter data
in the same manner, B3, C3, D3, then B4, C4, D4, etc. I've tried using Target.
Offset. It works to change columns after a specified entry, but I can't seem
to get the correct VB syntax to change the active cell to the next row when
working across columns. Seems like it should be pretty simple, but I am all
thumbs when it comes to programming.