Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joel joel is offline

Default How do you specify a sheet when using redirection from a webpage

workbooks has an optional parameter for a templet. If you don't have a
templet, then a default workbook wil be create. I suspect you are passing a
parameter with some data an casuing the errors. try putting NULL in the
parameter field and see if the errors go away.

workbooks.add(templet)

"WISEMANOFNARNIA" wrote:

I have code in asp.net that is supposed to create a spreadsheet. It
works for some people, but others complain that the spreadsheet has no
'sheet1', and instead they are told it has an 'illegal sheet name'.
So I experimented: I thought the XML for the spreadsheet could start
with a tag like <sheet name='MyFirstSheet'. But putting that tag in
doesn't make a difference. In fact, I don't even know if the tag
exists in some kind of Excel xml language.
Does anyone have an idea of how I would specify a name for a sheet?
(technical note - I am using asp.net's Response.Write and passing it
xml)
Thanks,
Marvin