Dave Peterson

If each column is supposed to look the same way (maybe all the entries are 8
characters with leading 0's), you could use a helper column with formulas like:

=text(a1,"00000000")

And drag down

Then you could copy that helper column and paste special|values and delete the
original column.

But I'm not sure if this what you meant.

souchie40 wrote:

Hi Everyone,
I have a spread sheet that is exported from access some of the cells have a
numeric value which should really be text - what I would like to do is run a
macro or code that will look at the cell and return a text value for the
given number, this would need to be repeated for 13 coloumns and hundreds of
rows

Many thanks in advance

--

Dave Peterson