Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Aldini Aldini is offline

Default Automation of Keystrokes in Populated Cells.

I am seeking a way, using an Excel macro, to automatically edit a collection
of cells in the following way.
{F2} {Home} " ' " {Enter}
Of course if there is a better way, I would be happy to learn that also.
The issue is that I repeatedly copy data from a website data page, and paste
it into an Excel 2000 spreadsheet. One of the collumns of data needs to be
handled as text, but the characters a nn-nnn/nn
where "n" is a number. When Excel in any way processes the characters as
numbers, then the cell ceases to be informative of the intended label.
Thanks