Ouch.
Conrad,
I think it is a shame you read the responses in the way you did.
They didn't come across as having any negative sentment to me.

I think it is a well recognised shortcomming, of the typed word that
sentements are often missunderstood.
Short of us all typing <g, <vbg and others through our text, this is
unlikely to change

My experience as a 'dabbler' in these excel groups is that, with the
exception of an odd Access Fixated Troll, regular contributers wants to
help and share knowledge in a positive way.

If I am wrong, and they are here to show off and brag, that would be
pitiful. Somehow I don't think that is the case.

be happy
RES