Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default Macro problem: Won't send messages

You use

cell.Offset(0, -8).Value

If the Cell column is for example (4 = column D)
This line will blow because column -4 not exist

Tell me in what column your mail addresses are and the date/time

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Gina_28 via OfficeKB.com" <u46866@uwe wrote in message news:8bb576120e8de@uwe...
Hi Ron,

I'm sorry, I don't know how to send the message privately (searched for the
option in here but couldn't find-I'm a newbie). But, here is the body of the
text that I've created so far. When I run the macro, it will open the
message, but the body is empty.

.Body = "Dear " & cell.Offset(0, -3).Value & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & _
"We are pleased to move you forward to the final
stage of the interview process. Below you will find the information needed
to attend your interview. You will be joining a conference call through
MeetingPlace for the audio portion, and a web-based application called DimDim
for the visual part of the presentation. You must login to both portions of
the interview!" & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & _
"We remind you that your interview starts promptly at
" & cell.Offset(0, -8).Value

The cell Offset is referencing a cell that has a date in it with the date
format of hh:mm AM/PM

when I take the cell.Offset off of the line, it runs fine and pulls the
message into the body. But, I need to have it reference that cell.

Ron de Bruin wrote:
Hi Gina

I must see a example to see what is wrong
You can send me a example workbook private and i will look at it

Hi Ron,

[quoted text clipped - 32 lines]
Thank you very much!
Gina