Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Referring to last row with data in it

Hi,

Glad I could help. It worked because 10^23 is a very large number that I was
fairly confident wouldn't be found in Column C. Because it didn't find it the
formula returned the last numeric value.

Mike

"travis" wrote:

On Oct 15, 11:21 pm, Mike H wrote:
Hi,

I may be missing something here but on the assumption dates are entered
sequentially in column A don't you really want the last value in Column C
regardless of date.

Yep

if so try this

=LOOKUP(10^23,'ANZ Bank Statement'!C:C)

Now if someone has more than 10^23 dollars/pounds in the account this fails :)

It worked. Thanks. Now I'm curious about *why* that worked!?

Travis