Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Kruncher Kruncher is offline

Default Extremely slow sheet copy

Using XL2003, XP Pro SP2, Duo Core laptop

I've been using this line of code for years now:

Worksheets("Report").Copy
after:=Workbooks(strDestinationBook).Worksheets(Wo rkbooks(strDestinationBook).Worksheets.Count)

The "Report" uses less than 300 rows and until recently it took mere
seconds to copy the sheet with the quoted code above.

Both the active workbook and the destination file have been saved to a
local drive - no network files in use.

Today it's taking almost 4 minutes. No software has been installed -
that I know about, corporate laptop and all - who knows what IT does
silently behind the scenes.

On a (possibly) related note, Excel "hangs" for about 20 seconds every
time I open a file - after it recalculates - I can tell with larger
files. The "pause" is consistent regardless of file size.

Any ideas as to how to get this back to normal will be very much
appreciated, as I use this sort of operation about 30 times on the
first business day of every week. 30 occurences x 4 minutes each =
high PITA factor.