Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default Change Link in batch of workbooks

Hi Trish

Do you want to remove the links so they point to the cells in the same workbook

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Trish Smith" wrote in message ...
Hi Roger,

I tried putting the set statement directly after the declarationas and got a
compile error - object required

Any idea what I've doen wrong?
--
Trish

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi Trish

Maybe
Set strelink = ActiveWorkbook.name

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Trish Smith" wrote in message
Hi everyone,

I posted last week and Ron de Bruin pointed me to his website for code
that
looped thru files in a folder which was just what I needed.

I've just come back to this bit of work now and realised that the original
code allows you to select the source of the old link and then of the new
link.

I would like to automate this and the old link will be the same for all 40
or so of the wkbks in the folder. The new link will be the active
workbook.

ActiveWorkbook.ChangeLink Name:="C:\testing\Source.xls", _
newname:=strnewlink, _
Type:=xlLinkTypeExcelLinks

How do I write it so that newname is the active workbook each time?

Many thanks
--
Trish