Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
M.Desmond M.Desmond is offline

Default multiple updates to database

Here is the code I attached to a Userform2 command button
I am just confused about my database and the cowlist I think. :(

Private Sub cmdupdate_Click()

Sheets("database").Select
Dim TheDate As Date
Dim X As Long
Dim NbrVaccined As Integer '
Dim Y As Integer
Dim CowList As Range

If UserForm2.datefield = True Then
Let TheDate = UserForm2.datefield
Else
Exit Sub
End If
Range("CowList").Select
X = ActiveCell.Row
Do While True
If Cells(X, 1).Value = Empty Then Exit Do 'if there is no cow # in col A,
then you're done.
For Y = 1 To NbrVaccined
If Cells(X, 2).Value = CowList(Y, 1) Then
If Cells(X, 3).Value = Empty Then
Cells(X, 3).Value = TheDate
Exit For
ElseIf Cells(X, 4).Value = Empty Then
Cells(X, 4).Value = TheDate
Exit For
ElseIf Cells(X, 5).Value = Empty Then
Cells(X, 5).Value = TheDate
Exit For
ElseIf Cells(X, 6).Value = Empty Then
Cells(X, 6).Value = TheDate
Exit For
ElseIf Cells(X, 7).Value = Empty Then
Cells(X, 7).Value = TheDate
Exit For
Next
X = X + 1
Loop

End Sub
"M.Desmond" wrote:

Hi Mike-
Thanks for your help so far. I have been tweeking your code a little to fit
in and had a few questions-

1: what is the significance of "NbrVaccinated" is it a named range?, a
txtbox? or simply a preset that does not need to be messed with?
2: If my database is on a different sheet called "database" (Same workbook
though) from my named range of cows that need to have their vaccinations
updated does that pose a problem?

I was also just having a little trouble telling if it would be best to have
the date come from a form, then into a worksheet and then used or if I should
skip the form all together, simply using a form to create a two columned list
(cow # and Vaccination date)?

Thank you again for your help

"Mike H." wrote:

'this snippet of code should work. What it does is it goes down your list of
cows and when it finds a cow # that is in your cowlist() array, it then
populates the next empty cell, either column c, d,e,f or g. HTH