Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Doug Glancy Doug Glancy is offline

Default Protected DataLists - and no VBA?

I asked this question the other day in the straight Excel group, but thought
I'd try again here.

I've never used the Lists much that are available by clicking DataList.
They seem like they'd be a great way to bypass lots of VBA if you can insert
and delete rows while protecting the worksheet. However, it looks like this
is not possible, and you can only have the full List functionality if the
sheet isn't protected. Specifically, when I protect the sheet the List
menu's InertRow option is grayed out and the last row - the one with the
asterisk for entering a new record - isn't available.

Am I missing something, or is it true that when the sheet is protected these
parts of the List functionality aren't avaible?

Thanks in advance,

Doug