Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Creating a variable of type Range

For the solution I have in mind... will the location you want to dump the
manipulated cells to be contiguous (whether the original cells were
contiguous or not)? For example, if your original cells are A1:C3, F4:F9,
G2:G7, then where to you want them when you dump them elsewhere on the
sheet?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Bob" wrote in message
Hi everyone:

I had posted a similar question a while ago, and I never got an answer
that made sense to me. I am sure the experts did not understand my
question. Basically, I am trying to create a variable of type Range, dump
some cells into this variable, manipulate the contents (format, value,
etc) of the variable without affecting the original cells where the data
came from, and then dump my result in another area of the sheet. This
way, I keep the original data intact, and show the manipulated data as
well. I can come up with some work arounds on this, but I want to use a
variable just like
y=x
y=2*y+1
z=y

As you see in this example, y is a dummy variable and whatever I do to it,
it will not affect x. That is exactly what I am trying to achieve, but
with a range. Now, as I mentioned before, I need to manipulate values,
formats, color, character formats, etc.

I am not sure if this is at all possible. If it is, and someone has a
code or explanation on how to do this, I appreciate your help.

Bob