Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLGWhiz JLGWhiz is offline

Default VBA Program

Rudy, there is no reason, based on the worksheet_change code, why any other
user could not enter a "C" in any cell of Range("C12:C500") and the code
would not execute. Although, as Don pointed out, the code itself could be
more efficiently written. One thing you could do, is change this line from:

If Target.Value = "C" And Target.Offset(0, 11) _
.Value < "" Then

If UCase(Target.Value) = "C" And Target.Offset(0, 11) _
.Value < "" Then

That way, it would execute for "c" or "C". Also, the other user could have
been trying to enter the "C" in rows 1 thru 11, which the code would have
ignored. The executable range begins in row 12.

"Rudy" wrote:

Hi,

This is the sheet module

On Error GoTo endit
If Intersect(Target, Range("C12:C500")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
Application.EnableEvents = False
For Each Cell In Target
If Target.Value = "C" And Target.Offset(0, 11) _
.Value < "" Then
With Target
.Offset(0, 12).Value = Target.Offset(0, 11).Value
.Offset(0, 11).ClearContents
End With
End If
Next
endit:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeRightClick _
(ByVal Target As Excel.Range, Cancel As Boolean)
If IsNumeric(Target) And Not IsEmpty(Target) Then
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogFormatNumber).Show
Cancel = True

"Jim Cone" wrote:

The code you posted is incomplete.
Please try again.
Also, what module contains the code - the sheet module or a standard module?
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Rudy"
wrote in message
Hi,
There is this VBA program in my excel sheet that tells excel to :
Function MATHEMATICS()
IF C14="C"
N14 TO M14
End Function

If I am the one opening up this spreadsheet & type in the letter "C" on
column C14, the value in column "N14" automatically transposes on column
"O14". However, if someone else has opened this spreadsheet & type in "C" on
column C14, the value in N14 does not automatically transposes on column
"O14". Pls help as I am going to handover this job to another person but if
this problem cannot be resolved, he has to do the old fashion way. Thanks...