Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default TypeName function

The only thing I don't like about using StrComp is it uses 0 for equality.

No argument from me on that score.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP
Excel Product Group
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email is on the web site)
USA Central Daylight Time (-5:00 GMT)

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 11:54:00 -0400, "Rick Rothstein"
wrote:

The only thing I don't like about using StrComp is it uses 0 for equality.
Of course, I understand why... it makes perfect sense when you consider it
uses +1 for greater than and -1 for less than... but my mind always equates
0 with False in logical comparisons and so, when checking for string
equality, testing StrComp to 0 (a False type value) just seems so wrong to
me.