Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
michael vardinghus michael vardinghus is offline

Default calculated member analysis services

A lot of version numbers in this.

Its not about old excel version - its about how excel 2007 is able to create
this at different versions of Analysis Services.

I read an article about XL2002 and i beleive it with that version was
possible to create against Analysis Services 2000. However when i use excel
2007
i seem only to be able to create against Analysis Services 2005.

Ive googled a lot and wanted to hear if someone tried against AS 2000 from
excel 2007.

"Jim Cone" skrev i en meddelelse

According to my Excel 2000 help file, there is no CalculatedMembers
property for a pivot table. However, XL2002 does provide that
property.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"michael vardinghus" <xx
wrote in message
Hi
If I shoot this off against an 2005 cube from excel 2007 it works:

Sub UseCalculatedMember()
Dim pvtTable As PivotTable
Windows("test2000.xlsx").Activate
Set pvtTable = Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A1").PivotTable
' Add the calculated member.
pvtTable.CalculatedMembers.Add Name:="[Measures].[test3]",
Formula:="'[Measures].[Actual Unit Cost]'", Type:=xlCalculatedMeausure
End Sub

Howerver. If I try doin the same against a 2000 analysis services cube it
fails with
run-time error 1004
application-defined or object-define error
I tried changing the formula to 1000 instead of certain calculated measure
and then it works. Cant excel 2007 vba create calculated measure againt
analysis services 2000 cube?