Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
FiluDlidu FiluDlidu is offline

Default Input box

Thing is, the code is long long long, it contains several subs and I feel
like it is neither very meaningful to my specific problem, neither very
appealing to people to look at. If I were only getting the code to create
the popup window with two input boxes in it, then I am fairly confident I
could splice it to my work on my own, spending myself the few hours of work
it might represent instead of pushing this work onto someone else who most
likely have something better to do than trying to figure out my mess (also, I
am French speaking and the source language is French, the target language is
Hungarian and a lot of my variable names would not mean much to most people
here, so I tried to simplify my problem so that I would stand a chance to get
people interested in fixing it).

So imagine there is already a sub that inputs a value from A:A into H3 for
me to translate into H4.

I want a button in I4 that, when pressed, propose a popup window with the
value from H3 and a box beside it, where I could type any possible correction
to the value of H3, then with also the value from B:B adjacent to the cell in
A:A that contains the value of H3, with another box into which I could type
any possible correction to that value.

Then I could press 'Validate' or something like that and values from H3 and
the appropriate cells from A:B would be changed to whatever was typed into
the input box.

Can this be achieved simply?

Thank you very much for your interest,
Feelu

"The Code Cage Team" wrote:

You say "generator"? how is this achieved?, if you have code for this then
please supply it where we will be able to look at adapting a spell check to
it and maybe adding an offset for the translation.

Regards,
The Code Cage Team
www.thecodecage.com/forumz

"FiluDlidu" wrote:

How would you identify the word(s) that you should have presented to you?

This I already took care of. Columns A to C contain respectively source
language words, target language equivalents and a number that helps the
question generator to pick more often those I miss more often. These three
columns are hidden and the game occurs in columns further to the right (H, if
I remember correctly, but it's not really important for my question).

Now, when the generator inputs a new word to translate, I want to be able to
correct it if I realize there might be a typo or something. But right now, I
need to unhide A:C, find the proper spot and fix it manually, then re-hide
A:C and keep playing. This is rather more tedious than what a button saying
"Fix mistake" would do, if only I were able to design it in such a way that
it would allow me to change both the source and target language input in the
same box...

Is this clearer???