Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] adimax@gmail.com is offline

Default Find/Replace Specific Range Woes...

I'm trying to use a piece of code I saw posted here by Dave Peterson
and I'm stuck with it not working. What I'm trying to do is go through
a spreadsheet and locate X data where X is the input from a Userform,
change all of the X to Y, but not change the original X on the
worksheet (where it's stored and referenced). Its looking like:

Sub testme01()

Dim FoundCell As Range
Dim FindWhat As String
Dim WithWhat As String

FindWhat = Range("C2").Value
WithWhat = "Elm"

Do
Set FoundCell =
ActiveSheet.Range("B2:B1000").Find(What:=FindWhat, _
After:=ActiveCell, _
LookIn:=xlFormulas, LookAt:=xlPart,
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _
SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:=False)

If FoundCell Is Nothing Then
Exit Do
Else
FoundCell.Value = WithWhat
End If
Loop
End Sub

The problem is the ' ActiveSheet.Range("B2:B1000").Find ' part. If I
use the original ' ActiveSheet.Cells.Find ' it works just fine, but it
changes the value of C2 as well, which I do not want. I thought
specifying the range as B2 to B1000 would work, but that fails and I'm
not sure why.

How can I narrow this Find now to a specific part of the worksheet
instead of the entire thing?

Thanks as always in advance,
Benjamin