Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Macro to run when cell changes

If a formula recalculates, it does not count as a "change", because the
formula itself is unchanged. You need to look at changes in the precedents
of the formula. You could simply fire your code off the Worksheet_Calculate
event, but it's more involved to limit it to changes in the calculated value
of a given cell. You have to save the old value of the cell, compare it to
the current value, and do your stuff if the values differ.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"newguy" wrote in message
So how do I get it to recognize the change. The cell I am referencing
is a sum and when the sum changes I want to send and email. The code
above gives my a "type mismatch" error.

Thanks