Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
adimar adimar is offline

Default cell formatting and format conversion

Yes, this works fine.

I could prepend with ' in the macro too. Is there another way to stop Excel
making assumptions?

Thank you.

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

Format as text or type an apostrophe ' first. It wont show in the cell.

Mike

"adimar" wrote:

I have a question regarding Excel's interpretation of entered info and how
it converts it.

Example 1: I type in the following in a cell: Excel displays it as 7.44E+08

Example 2: I type in the following in a cell: 08121126
Excel displays it as 8121016

I tried setting different formatting for the cells and copying around and
still cannot get the cell to display exactly how I entered it. Same undesired
behavior when copying/pasting with a macro.

My goal is to have the data exactly the way I entered it.

Thank you.