Conrad Carlberg

The point that *I* don't see is why you're all beating up on ASokolik. Has
it not occurred to you that he or she might be trying to develop some
further expertise in VBA? Or are you the only people allowed to know what
you're doing? This sort of thing is why public newsgroups are so damned
ugly.

--
C^2
Conrad Carlberg

Excel Sales Forecasting for Dummies, Wiley, 2005

"Harlan Grove" wrote in message
oups.com...
JE McGimpsey wrote...
I'm not sure why you're not using XL's built in AVERAGE() formula. I
suppose you could use a wrapper function:

Public Function Mean(vArr As Variant)
Mean = Application.Average(vArr)
End Function

but I don't see the point.

And all to calculate relative standard deviation, which is just

=100*STDEV(rng)/AVERAGE(rng)

or, for older pathological versions of Excel,

=100*SQRT(DEVSQ(rng)/(COUNT(rng)-1))/AVERAGE(rng)

Note that it's a worthless statistic when rng could have a nonpositive
mean.