Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Barb Reinhardt Barb Reinhardt is offline

Default Indirect to a closed spreadsheet

It appears to me that the Indirect.Ext function opens the workbook and
updates the cell every time the worksheet is calculated. If you have a lot
of them and the closed workbooks are on a server elsewhere, you may want to
rethink your approach.

FWIW, I used this until the calculation time was extreme and then learned
more about VBA to do what I wanted to do.

Barb Reinhardt

"MarkS" wrote:

Hi,

Installed morefunc, works great. The stats functions look useful, will have
to give them a try

Thanks

"MarkS" wrote:

Hi,
I'll download that and try it out, there is a note that it sometimes doesn't
work

Thanks MarkS

"JMB" wrote:

http://xcell05.free.fr/morefunc/english/index.htm

"MarkS" wrote:

Hi,
I have a formula
=INDIRECT("'S:\STAR\Renewable Energy\Renewable Position Reports\Positions
Re-Pointed to ECO\[CCX Position Report - 140408.xls]AGL position - data'!B" &
COUNT('S:\STAR\Renewable Energy\Renewable Position Reports\Positions
Re-Pointed to ECO\[CCX Position Report - 140408.xls]AGL position -
data'!J63:J200) + 62 )

Which finds the latest contract, which are a mix of text and numeric, the
count part works fine BUT the indirect part fails

Has anyone made a add-in that deals withthis problem, or is there a way
around this problem.

I have no Control over the remote spread sheet

Thanka MarkS