Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T Peter T is offline

Default Application Quit does not work at all

Ensure you release all references in the order created before, eg to
worksheet, workbook etc, then the release application reference after doing
..Quit

Another reason the instance may remain open is if any user dialogs are open
pending a response, eg "do you want to save...". Until you have sorted
things out make the instance visible before closing it. If you can't then
close it manually that'll confirm you still have a reference attached.

Regards,
Peter T

"Hardik Soni" wrote in message

Hi I use MFC Visual C++ 4.2.

I am automating Excel from my application.

My problem is I cannot quit the Excel after the automation process
finished!

I checked it still exists on the Process lists and the most DANGEROUS is
everytime the automation function run, it create other Excel and so on.
So it
must be out of memory soon.

I have used the app.Quit() method like all the people used but it DOES
NOT
work.

What should I do?

Even I try to use the kill process but still no benifit