Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Daniel.C Daniel.C is offline

Default Macro or VBA Code to return Multiple Rows?

From Excel, the code is :
Workbooks.OpenText "http://www.nymerc.com/futures/innf.txt"
if it's executed from Access, post your code and i try to change it
--
Cordialement.
Daniel
"TerryM" a écrit dans le message de news:
Daniel,

If I'm understanding you correctly when you said "does the text file path
and name remain constant", yes it does. The http:// address and text file
name remains the same. All they do is put a new text file with the same
name
and location each day around noon.

Sorry it took me so long to get back, I was moving to a new place.

Terry

"Daniel.C" wrote:

"TerryM" a écrit dans le message de
That worked great, know I guess I have 2 remaining questions. How do I
get
that data to export to an Access table with the days date that it was
imported? This is probably more of an Access question than anything.

It depends of the structure of your table.

The other question, I have a code in MS Access that I run that opens up
the
Excel workbook and runs a data refresh and save when I run the update
feature
for this worksheet it always asks me for the file name, where to look
for
the
text file that I am importing. Is there any way to code this in so it
automatically does it?

The following macro asks for the file path, open the text file, select
the
data and create a new workbook, named test.xls in "c:\temp" folder :

Sub test3()
Dim myRange As Range, BeginRow As Long, EndRow As Long
Dim myFile As String
With Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogOpen)
.Show
myFile = .SelectedItems(1)
End With
Workbooks.OpenText Filename:=myFile, Origin:= _
xlMSDOS, StartRow:=1, DataType:=xlDelimited,
TextQualifier:=xlDoubleQuote _
, ConsecutiveDelimiter:=True, Space:=True, Other:=False,
OtherChar:=".", FieldInfo:=Array(Array(1, 1 _
), Array(2, 1), Array(3, 1), Array(4, 1), Array(5, 1), Array(6,
1),
Array(7, 3))
BeginRow = [A:A].Find("EJ", after:=[A1]).Row
EndRow = [A:A].Find("EM", [A65000], , , xlColumns, xlPrevious).Row
Set myRange = Range("A" & BeginRow & ":D" & EndRow)
myRange.Copy
Workbooks.Add 1
ActiveSheet.Paste
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs "c:\temp\test.xls"
ActiveWorkbook.Close
End Sub

If the text file retains its name and path, I can modify the macro.

Daniel