Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Any luck using CopyModule?

You didn't share how you set the FromVBProject or the ToVBProject variables.

Did you use something like this (modified from Chip's page):

Set FromVBProject = Application.Workbooks("Book1.xls").VBProject

Janie wrote:

I'm using Chip Pearson's CopyModule function found at
http://cpearson.com/excel/vbe.htm. I must say, I am thrilled to find this
bit. However, I am having a problem.

I have installed the VBA Extensibility library. Then I copied the sample
code for CopyModule and pasted it into my Excel module. But when I try to
use the function, I get the error "ByRef argument type mismatch". Any hints?

here is the command line of the function:
CopyModule(ModuleName As String, _
FromVBProject As VBIDE.VBProject, _
ToVBProject As VBIDE.VBProject, _
OverwriteExisting As Boolean) As Boolean

Here's what I used in my Immediate Window

?CopyModule("basMyRoutine", ProjectA, ProjectB, True)

If I place the ProjectA and ProjectB inside quotes, I get a Type Mismatch
error, so I don't think that is the cause of my problem.

I welcome any recommendations. And thanks in advance.

--

Dave Peterson