Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Janie Janie is offline

Default Any luck using CopyModule?

NOPE! Same error "ByRef argument type mismatch"

any more ideas? This is the l-a-s-t requirement of my current project and I
am soooo ready to put this puppy to bed!!!

"Joel" wrote:

Try adding these declarations to the routine that calls CopyModule. this
always works for me.

Dim ModuleName As String
Dim FromVBProject As Variant
Dim ToVBProject As Variant
Dim OverwriteExisting As Boolean
CopyModule("basMyRoutine", ProjectA, ProjectB, True)

"Janie" wrote:

I'm using Chip Pearson's CopyModule function found at
http://cpearson.com/excel/vbe.htm. I must say, I am thrilled to find this
bit. However, I am having a problem.

I have installed the VBA Extensibility library. Then I copied the sample
code for CopyModule and pasted it into my Excel module. But when I try to
use the function, I get the error "ByRef argument type mismatch". Any hints?

here is the command line of the function:
CopyModule(ModuleName As String, _
FromVBProject As VBIDE.VBProject, _
ToVBProject As VBIDE.VBProject, _
OverwriteExisting As Boolean) As Boolean

Here's what I used in my Immediate Window

?CopyModule("basMyRoutine", ProjectA, ProjectB, True)

If I place the ProjectA and ProjectB inside quotes, I get a Type Mismatch
error, so I don't think that is the cause of my problem.

I welcome any recommendations. And thanks in advance.