Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default How do I set auto-sort for a column in a worksheet?

What you are asking for can be done but I would make it more semi automatic
than automatic. Your end users are going to find it very disconcerting to add
a customer and have the sheet automatically resort. They enter the customer
name and the sheet resorts. Now the customer they were working on is
somewhere in the list and they need to go find it to enter the rest of the
customer data... I would just add a button and attach a sort macro to it. You
can also have the sheet resort when the user leaves the sheet. I have had a
lot more luck with that...

The button is very straight forward to do. If you want help with the resort
on leaving the sheet just reply...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"FVO" wrote:

Hi;
I need to create a worksheet to keep record of customers.
I have the following example:
NAME PHONE ADDRESS CONTRACT WK1 WK2
Phil 123-456
Angel 321-654
John 987-630

I need to keep the first row as the titles row, and need the worksheet to
automatically sort in alphabetical order based on the name, and to do it
everytime a new customer is added to the list.

HOW CAN I DO THAT?

Regards,
FVO