Dave Peterson

It sounds like you have two instances of excel open and are trying to paste
between them.

If you close one instance and then use File|open to open the other workbook in
the first instance, you'll see that normal paste special dialog.

alyssa wrote:

Hello,

My problem is that I will select data in one sheet or workbook, copy it,
then select "paste special" to paste with a specific format (e.g. keep column
widths, values only etc.) into a new sheet; when I try to "paste special"
into the new sheet, the data is somehow read as a Worksheet Object, and my
choices are Picture, Bitmap etc. How can I fix this? Thanks very much in
advance for your advice.

Alyssa

--

Dave Peterson