Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Michael Bray Michael Bray is offline

Default Problem with selecting a column in a macro

I have a sheet that I want to do some conditional formatting on from a
macro... So I started recording, selected the column I was intereted in
("A:A") and did the conditional format. Everything worked great.

When I put the appropriate code in the macro and run it, however, things go
screwey. The line where I select the column using 'Columns("A:A").Select'
actually selects columns A thru F because there is a cell that is merged
over the A-F columns.

Q #1: How can I tell the .Select function to NOT include the columns over
which the merged cells run?

Q #2: I figured I would just be able to look up the 'Select' method in the
Excel VBA reference at msdn, thinking there might be some parameters I
could pass. But strangely, they don't list the 'Select' method at all!
Why not?? Is there any reference documentation for this function?? I'm
sure they didn't just forget about it - I must be missing something.

Thanks for any help!

-mdb