Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gary Keramidas Gary Keramidas is offline

Default Macro: Altering cells in a range

that's what i was trying to get at in my follow-up.

--

Gary

"Rick Rothstein" wrote in message
By the way, if your entries are already real dates and if there are no
calculations being performed on that column's data where the time would
affect the calculation, then you can simply select the column and format
it as a Date using the first item in the list... the time will still be
there, but you won't see it.

Also, if you need to do this inside of a macro, this code line should do
the same thing in code as the procedure I originally posted...

Columns(1).TextToColumns ConsecutiveDelimiter:=True, Space:=True, _
DataType:=xlDelimited, FieldInfo:= _
Array(Array(1, 3), Array(2, 9), Array(3, 9))

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Rick Rothstein" wrote in message
Does it have to be a macro? If not, select the entire column, click
Data/TextToColumns on the menu bar, select Delimited on the first panel
and click Next, check the Space checkbox and click Next, click the first
column in chart and pick Date-MDY in the option button group, click the
other two columns (one at a time) and select Do Not Import (Skip) from
the option button group, then click the Finish button.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Mahnian" wrote in message
I need to alter approximately 10,000 cells on a single sheet.
The range I need to replace is G2 through the end of the column, which
varies depending on call flow.

The cell is imported in one of the following two patterns:
9/27/2008 2:09:18 AM
10/27/2008 12:09:18 AM

I need the output of the cell to only be the date: 9/27/2008 or
10/27/2008

If anyone can shed any light on this for me, I would greatly appreciate
it.

--Ian