Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Lynn Lynn is offline

Default Form Fields in Word have trailing spaces

Thank you, I will test.
--
MD

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

Try this for a test

Sub Test()
Dim objDoc As Document
Dim objWord As Application
Dim myFormField As FormField

Set objDoc = ThisDocument

For Each myFormField In objDoc.FormFields
Debug.Print myFormField.Name, myFormField.TextInput.Type,
myFormField.TextInput.Type

If myFormField.Type = wdFieldFormTextInput And _
myFormField.TextInput.Type = wdRegularText Then
myFormField.Result = "Hello"
End If
Next myFormField

HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

If this post was helpful to you, please click YES below.

"Lynn" wrote:

yes, here is a sample where the bookmark (form field) text is set.
(All bookmark values are set in this manner.)

objDoc.Bookmarks("txtParagraph1").select
objWord.Selection.Text = strParagraph1

Do you need more details?
Thanks!
--
MD

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

Can you show some of the code you use to do this?

Barb Reinhardt

"Lynn" wrote:

I am able to automate the pushing of data from an Excel spreadsheet to a Word
document that has form fields using VBA. However, the data that is populated
to its respective field pushes the form field 5 spaces to the right of the
data. How do I program the data to populate "into" the field without
incurring extra spaces. NOTE: This scenario doesn't always happen after
running the Excel VBA code.
Thanks!
--
MD