Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joel joel is offline

Default Get External Data

Try opening up the access database directly from access and make usre the
file isn't corrupted and that the data still exists.

"Chuck" wrote:

Office 97 Pro
Excel file written 2005 and run daily for about a year.
The Excel file gets external data from an Access data base.
Tried to run the Excel file today.
Error message: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Invalid procedure
call.

Macro in Excel file:

Sub GetMDBdata()
'
' GetMDBdata Macro
' Macro recorded 2/2/2005 by Chuck
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+o
'
With ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add(Connection:= _
"FINDER;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Queries\Get Data from
mdb.dqy", _
Destination:=Range("A1"))
.FieldNames = True
.RefreshStyle = xlInsertDeleteCells
.RowNumbers = False
.FillAdjacentFormulas = False
.RefreshOnFileOpen = False
.HasAutoFormat = True
.BackgroundQuery = True
.TablesOnlyFromHTML = True
.Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False
{ *** The line above is where the sub hangs.}
.SavePassword = True
.SaveData = True
End With
End Sub

I made a new blank Excel file and established a new get external query.
Same error message as before.

Examined the original Get Data from mdb.dqy file and the new Get Data2 from
mdb.dqy. They were identical.

Re-installed Office97. Did not help

If it makes any difference - I had Office 2000 pro installed (in a different
directory from Office97 so I could run either program) for some time. Didn't
like Access 2000 so I removed all of Office 2000. Cleaned up registry and
directories.

I'll be very greatful for any suggestion for getting any Access data into any
Excel file.