Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
John Pierce John Pierce is offline

Default Import External Data

I have built a workbook with certain features to process some imported
data.
I have noticed that the first time I go to Data, Import External Data,
Import Data is available.
If I do not close the workbook and go to import data again Import Data
is not available on
any subsequent try but Edit Text Import is. Edit Text Import is easier
to work with so I was wondering if there were a way to skip past the
Import Data phase and go directly to the Edit Text Import phase.
Perhaps by doing a bogus import operation as the workbook opens and
getting it over with. Any thoughts on this?