Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] 2007FanFoe@gmail.com is offline

Default VBA code for excel 2000 no longer works in excel 2007

Hi Blaine,
Two recommendations when this happen:
1 - Clean or decompile the VBA project normally is sufficient.
There're two utility that facilitate this:
http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/CodeCleaner.htm
http://orlando.mvps.org/VBADecompile...IdC=Orlmorewin

2 - Explicit VBA parent objects like this:
VBA.Strings.Left(myString, VBA.Strings.Len(myString) - 1)

On Oct 3, 1:49*pm, Blaine wrote:
Hello everyone,

A single line of my vba code that I use to use all the time inexcel
2000 no longer works inexcel2007. *When I try to use the command:

Left(myString, Len(myString) - 1) is get the following error:

"Compile Error: Can't find project or library"

I made sure to use the "Run all items from my computer" when installingexcel2007, so all libraries should be present.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advanced

*** Sent via Developersdexhttp://www.developersdex.com***