Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joel joel is offline

Default Macro to place quotation marks before and after text in all cells

Range("A1") = """" & Range("A1") & """"

You need to have two double quote in a row for it to be displayed as a
double quote

So instead of "a" as a string the a would be replace by two double quotes.

another method is to use chr(34)

Range("A1") = chr(34) & Range("A1") & chr(34)

"suestew" wrote:

It seems really simple. I tried to do a simple find and replace using * as a
wildcard, but it didn't work. All I need to do is get quotation marks before
and after the text in each cell of each row. I know there is a simple
solution out there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.