Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jonathan Brown Jonathan Brown is offline

Default Remove the right most 3 characters from a string

Okay, Thanks, Ron, I appreciate it.

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote:

On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 20:28:11 -0700, Jonathan Brown
wrote:

What about the problem I'm having with the Left() function? Do i want to
reassign that value to a new variable? like:

newarraystring = Left(arraystring, InStrRev(arraystring, ",")-1)

anyway, I haven't had a chance to give your example a test yet since I
didn't work today, but I'll give it a try and see how it goes.

You can assign the result to either the same variable (arraystring) or a
different one.

So far as the problem you are having with the Left() function, my understanding
from what you wrote is that you were using Visual Studio Tools for Office when
you received that error. I have no experience with that program, so can't
really comment.

What I wrote should work in VBA.
--ron