Alan Beban

If the functions in the freely downloadable file at
http://home.pacbell.net are available to your workbook you might
consider something like

=VLookups(lookup_value,lookup_table,return_value_c olumn)

array entered into a column long enough to accommodate the number of
occurrences of lookup_value.

Alan Beban

MetricsShiva wrote:
this formula works if the sheet is sorted by the value i'm looking up and if
there are no duplicates in the field I want returned. Otherwise i get either
incorrect values returned or errors..

basically, i have a sheet listing jobs scheduled by managers. I want to be
able to look up the manager's name and return a list of all the job's
scheduled and the dates they were scheduled on. I then want to include this
in a weekly dashboard for the 50+ managers i'm monitoring.

Thanks for the response, but have you got anything else?

"Biff" wrote:

Hi!

The basic formula is something like this:

Entered as an array using the key combo of CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER:

=INDEX(B$1:B$10,SMALL(IF(A$1:A$10=lookup_value,R OW($1:$10)),ROW(1:1)))

Then copy down.

Where column A contains the lookup_value and column B contains the values to
be returned.

Need more specific details to offer a more robust suggestion.

Biff

"MetricsShiva" wrote in message

i want to look up a name that occurs several times in one column of a
spreadsheet and return corresponding values from each row the name occurs
on.
Vlookup returns only one value. How can I get multiple values?