Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Formatting columns for Lat-Long

You can format the columns without using programming. Select your column and
click Format/Cells on Excel's menu bar, select Custom from the Category list
and copy/paste the following into the Type field...

[h]°m's\"

You can produce the degree symbol on your own if you would like type the
above in yourself by holding down the Alt key and keying in 0176 on the
Number Pad of your keyboard.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Mike" wrote in message
How do I format a column or cell for entering Latitude & Longitude data.
Most of the data I have is degrees, minutes & seconds "nn°nn.nnn" North
Latitude by "nnn°.nn.nnn" West?
--
Tnx,
Mike