Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Problem with working days

Give the following function a try...

Function AddWorkDays(StartDate As Date, WorkDays As Long) As Date
If WorkDays < 0 Then Exit Function
AddWorkDays = DateAdd("d", 7 * (WorkDays \ 5) + (WorkDays Mod 5) - _
2 * ((WorkDays Mod 5) Abs(5 + - _
Weekday(StartDate, vbMonday))) + _
Weekday(StartDate, vbSaturday) * _
(Weekday(StartDate, vbSaturday) < 3), StartDate)
End Function

As written, this function will only *add* workdays to the StartDate. If the
WorkDays value is less than 0, then "day zero" (12/30/1899) is returned and
can be used for error checking purposes.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"JillC" wrote in message
How can I ensure that if I add a number of days to a date (which is a
working
date) the result will also be a work date
--
Thanks, Jill